Mango specifically supports libraries and their patrons
We have the same goals you do: to be a relevant resource to your community, and enrich the lives of the people in it.
Here is your chance to star in your own Mango movie…the options are endless. Every day you are interacting with the Mango Languages software and we want to see how creative you are…we know you will blow us away with your productions.
We’re talking flip videos, phone videos, professional videos–anything that records and makes a movie!
You can have a script or improvise it. This is all up to you and your imagination!
1. Tutorial video on how to use Mango – we prefer real people not actors
2. How Mango has helped your foreign language skills – let’s see them in action
3. Mango Commercial – share why Mango is the best
4. Mango at your library video – show patrons using it and hopefully loving it (variation using it with your family at home)
5. Funny video about Mango – you could even include real Mangoes in some fun way!
6. Your own creative ideas – the more creative the better! We don’t want to put you in a box! (Mango Game Show, Mango Drama, Mango Romance, Mango Musical)
All we ask is that you upload them to YouTube and share the link with us by posting it on our Fan Page. Our fans and the Mango staff will be judging your videos, and the top three videos will get bragging rights, lots of fun Mango goodies, and a surprise.
Are you ready to be a star? The academy is waiting.
Doesn’t that sound really smart?
Intuitive Language Construction was developed after looking at current products on the market and listening to feedback from users.
The one thing we heard over and over is that they wanted a program that was fun, easy, completely integrated, and that included the following components:
1.Vocabulary (Click to see previous post)
2. Pronunciation (Click to see previous post)
3. Grammar (Click to see previous post)
4. Culture (Click to see previous post)
5. Comprehension (Click to see previous post)
In this post we are going to talk about the last component: Retention. Mango’s simple yet powerful interface is designed to manage a variety of recognized retention challenges, including management of what’s known as cognitive load.
Doesn’t Cognitive Load sound scary?
Dont’ worry, with Mango, information is continually delivered in small, manageable conversational blocks–ensuring that the user’s memory is never overloaded with new material.
Mango also automatically accounts for “the forgetting curve” which is a naturally occurring part of learning something new. Here is a great way to think about it….have you ever been to a party and been introduced to someone only to find that a moment later you go get something to drink and forget that person’s name? You are not alone. This is an example of the forgetting curve in action.
No worries! With Mango, memory exercises are seamlessly integrated into new information throughout each course, reinforcing what you’ve already learned at key intervals and ensuring that those chunks can be committed to long term memory as the language lessons progress.
I know that when I learn something I want to be sure to remember it, especially when I work hard and use my precious time. What about you? What are your retention strategies?