People Are Talking About Mango
What you’ll get with Mango…
- native speakers who teach nuances of vocab, grammar, pronunciation and culture, so you can bond with the locals
- critical thinking exercises to help you build on and adapt what you learn, so you’ll know just what to say and when
- customizable tools and features that deliver a personalized experience
- a focus on common situations that keeps it fun and relatable, so you’ll have something valuable to say after just 1 lesson
- memory building exercises, so you’ll remember & apply more
for your desktop or laptop with
Intuitive Language Construction
for your iPhone or MP3
fast, without feeling
SEE HOW MANGO WORKS
A Stealth Grammar approach is one of the things that makes Mango truly unique: because Mango lessons use examples from actual conversations, grammar is a part of everything you learn, and you won’t even realize you’re learning it. You’ll intuitively pick up on patterns about how words are combined to construct meaning, so you can more easily and effectively apply what you learn to a broader range of similar situations. The use of color mapping, literal translations, grammar notes and critical thinking exercises make that possible.
Deeper Understanding of the People Who Matter to You
It simulates the way you learn when actually surrounded by a foreign culture and everyday conversation. This approach increases what you learn, and improves your ability to recognize key components of language and combine them into different arrangements effectively, a crucial aspect of being understood and accepted by locals.
Mango focuses on words and phrases that will be the most valuable in common, real-life situations for each specific language and culture.
Vocabulary words are taught through conversation, rather than just a list, to help you understand context and make the most of your study time. After just one Mango lesson, you’ll be speaking in your new language!
Mango lessons feature professional native speakers, in the standard dialect, so you’ll learn to speak more like a local.
The software features the following tools to help you learn to pronounce words more accurately and conversationally:
- phonetic spelling: lets you roll over a word at any time during the lesson to view a word’s phonetic spelling
- fluent pronunciation: you hear the word spoken at a normal conversational pace
- articulate pronunciation: you hear the word slowed down so each syllable is enunciated
- voice comparison: record your voice and see how your pronunciation compares to the narrator’s
Having culture incorporated into every lesson means you’ll understand the customs, etiquette and expectations of the people you’ll be conversing with. You’ll know which phrases are appropriate for which situations and audiences, so you can sound more natural.