We had a great time! Finally was able to edit the video.
Thanks to all that joined us!
Back in April, Mango Languages announced a new promotion system for Public Libraries. I spent several months visiting libraries, talking on the phone with our partners and asking lots of questions to see what they thought would be the best way to get the word out about the library and the Mango Languages Online Learning Software. Their feedback helped create this new promotional system.
Here at Mango, we believe that it is our responsibility as the vendor, to help make your job as easy as possible while generating much excitement for the library. Marketing is a key function to do this. That is why we wanted to create something fun, easy, and successful.
We sent out bright orange envelopes, emails, and talked about it in our newsletter. However, many of our library partners haven’t taken full advantage the system. We want you to get all the goodies you can earn just by marketing your library and the Mango Languages resource to your patrons.
A few things you should know:
1. Make sure you have access to the Mango Languages Administration Portal–www.libraries.mangolanguages.com–or what we call the MAP. (If you need access, contact your library administrator or your Mango language learning rep to help get you set up. It only takes a minute.)
2. Check out the Training Videos on the Dashboard. One is all about the MAP and the other is a Staff Training on Mango Languages. Also, we are coming out with a Patron video later this summer that you can easily share on your website and at in-person events.
3. Check out the Promote Tab. There are tons of fun things here. First, look at the free downloads section. Here you will find logos, descriptions, a Mango Brand guide, sample blog posts, tweets, and newsletter articles. There are tons of templates, so all you need to do is make a couple of customizations with your specific library info.
4. Earn points! You can do this a couple of ways. First, just for being a customer you get points. We even give you extra points to reward our loyal customers for renewing. Second, check off as many items as you can on the Marketing Checklist. You can earn points for doing things like placing the Mango Logo and a description on your website, blogging about Mango, sending press releases to your local newspapers, radio and TV folks. Publish an article and earn more points. Doing something above and beyond like a billboard or a video on youtube and earn lots of points. The more creative the better!
5. Spend your points in the Mango Store. Use them for things like T-shirts for staff to wear for a Mango Monday event, for mouse pads for your computer lab, or bookmarks for patrons. You can even use your points for things like Mango Mugs and Umbrellas that you can use as special prizes for your patrons. Please check out the pictures of the gear – our staff had fun modeling all the goodies.
We want you to have fun with this new promotional system. We know Mango Languages is something that your community will talk about and many of our library partners who have used this new promotion system have increased library card holders and their user stats by up to 1000%.
Don’t wait any longer…start getting your Mango gear today!
Have you used the system? Please comment and let us know what you think!!!!
Alana, Yana, Bob, Mike, and Stephen all set up the booth.
David, Marco, Jason, and Beverly got to meet the actor Stephen Baldwin on their way to the hotel this morning.
Ryan and Drew came in from a Military show in Virginia, and Franco and Steve arrived later today and chipped in at the last minute.
The booth was busy – lots of folks requesting Mango smoothies. Many librarians received demonstrations of our online language learning software and heard about all our new products, languages, and features, like:
1. Mango Take-Out and offline USB box product available in 12 languages
2. Little Pim – An interactive children’s language learning software for ages 0-6
3. Mango Mobile – An iPhone application that works just like the regular software designed specifically for the i-suite of products.
4. 35 new languages being released by the end of the year
5. Promotional/reward system that is second to none
Everyone walked away with something – whether it was a Mango Badge Ribbon, Smoothie, or a Mango BPA free water bottle.
So much fun! Can’t wait for tomorrow!
Mango Languages is happy to announce that we are moving our office! With all the new additions to our staff as of late, it has become more and more necessary to accommodate additional desk space, work areas, and even extra rooms to compensate for our growing promotional item requests.
The new office will be only about a mile away from where we are located at the moment, but it’s still a great deal of work getting everything into the new building. With the space still under construction, the move-in day has been set during the week of ALA’s Annual Conference, so we’re all packing our desks into boxes before leaving for the show. Everyone is taking bets on who will show up at the wrong office when we all return!
Our new shipping address:
30445 Northwestern Hwy. Suite 300
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
Have you ever worked in an office that you felt needed to be a bit bigger? Do you think it affects how well you work?
Kent District Library used their blog to generate interest and to garner feedback from their patrons. They launched their “Try Mango and Win” contest on their blog on May 1st and asked readers to check out Mango Languages to learn a foreign language and share their comments to enter to win a Mango Languages T-shirt.
KDL announced the winners on June 3rd here.
Great job KDL for really showing off Mango to your community!